MARCO POLO ARGALI HUNT IN TAJIKISTAN
Tajikistan offers the excellent Marco Polo Argali (Ovis ammon polii) hunt. Average trophy size is from 55 to 56 inches with several 60-62 inches rams taken every season. Some good hunting for Mid-Asian Ibex and Wolf can be included.
Arrival point: Dushanbe (Capital of Tajikistan). There is no problem to come with hunting rifles. We meet you at the airport of your arrival and assist through the customs. From Dushanbe you take 45-minute flight to Khorog and from Khorog to hunting camp is 6 hour’s by car.
Hunting season: in February and from September 1st until mid of December;
Group size: 1-4 hunters
Way of hunting: At this hunt is scouting of hunting area by jeep. During the day you will explore the the mountains, glassing the hillsides and feeding areas. Once the trophy is spotted you complete your stalk on foot. You hunt at ca. 14,500 feet / 4,500 m. Physical condition is an important factor for stalking during the hunt. A long range shooting, up to 300 - 400 m is usual for Marco Polo Argali hunt. Chance of successful hunting to shoot an average trophy is more than 90%.
Weather: Usually, weather is favorable and rather predictable in this region during the hunting period. During daylight hours in November the temperature is from 30 Fahrenheit / 0 Celsius up to 50 F / plus 10 C and during nighttime from 14 F / -10 C up to 5 F / -15 C. Windy conditions.
SCHEDULE OF TRAVEL:
1st Day: Arrival in Dushanbe, customs formalities, flight to Khorog
2nd Day: Arrival to the hunting camp, rest.
3rd – 9th Days: 7 days of hunt
10th Day: Return to Khorog and Dushanbe, overnight.
11th Day: Departure
Price for program
34.750 € per hunter, for 10 days travel / up to 7 days hunting, incl.
- Invitation letter, firearm permit, hunting permit, state fee, veterinary certificate;
- Meeting in the airport of Dushanbe, assistance during customs and gun control;
- Transfer from Dushanbe to hunting area and back;
- Accommodation and food in the camp during the whole tour. Base camp is located at 12,000 to 13,500 feet (3,600. – 4,100.0 m). They are wooden structures. It is warm, clean and comfortable with separate rooms for dining, bathing and sleeping. Every camp is equipped with a satellite-phone or radio station, power generator and the first medical kit. You will find good food and quality service;
- All serving staff, including one interpreter per group/camp. The cooker and other service staff does everything possible to please our guests;
- Use of 4X4 vehicle during the hunt;
- Service of Professional Guide, 2 guides x 1 hunter (but not tips included);
- Shooting of Marco Polo Argali independently on trophy size, incl. field preparation of scull with horns and packaging.
The price doesn’t include:
Airline ticket to/from Dushanbe, alcohol, items of a personal nature, hotel and meals before and after the hunt; excess luggage payment charged by airlines, sightseeing program, the cost of any extra hunting days; non-hunter fee; the cost of additional trophies; trophy shipment; tips, personal expenses, bar, import duty
2.500 € for non-hunter (observer)
Euro 4,000.00 - Second Ibex, should be booked before the hunt / Euro 500.00 – Wolf
- Euro 150 - Hire of Rifle (if needed). Ammo extra – de facto
- Euro 100 / Euro 150 – Treating of the cape/skin. The cape/skin is degreased&cartilage, salted and packaging.
Wounded and lost animal – to be considered as a killed animal!
All prices and seasons are subject to change depending on government legislation
For further questions please contact us by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org